Thursday, March 22, 2012

I’m pretty sure I am the only person out there who has yet to read: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Twilight, and now the Hunger Games.

For some reason, I am just not inclined to read them. I actually have little desire to read them or watch the movies. Is there something wrong with me? I don’t know what all the hype is about, probably because I did not read the books. I am sure they are amazing books, they would have to be because of the grossing sales, but please some one explain to me why people are in a tizzy.

I blame it on one of my co-workers. We have very little in common and she is obsessed with pop culture. She knows which Kardasian is dating whom, which marriage is on the fritz and can tell you the ins and outs of the werewolf and vampire. I don’t even know which one is a vampire or the werewolf, is one of them named Ron. Ok, I’m not that bad, but I know which character belongs in which story – kind of, but not personally. I’m not on a team and I don’t have a twig wand or a ring, and I am not sure what objects are sacred in Hunger Games, but I am sure there are some.

I claim I don’t have time to read, but I am trying to read 100 books this years. I am making the time to read books that interest me. These books were written for young adults and teens. I guess I just don’t get it, and never will. I may in the future read these books, when the Lil’ Cupcake is interested, so we have something to talk about, but in the meantime, I’ll continue to read my hodgepodge of mismatched genre books.

So, while millions of people sit in their theatre seats at midnight anticipating the screen to light up and bring their favourite characters to life, I will be at home sleeping, hopefully. Here’s to what I am sure another box office hit that I will miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment